The Benefits of Precise Terrace Farming
Terraces bring major benefits to your field, including decreased erosion and soil run-off. Terracing maximizes the land available and preserves soil health — but it also presents a challenge in row-crop farming. Navigating around these curves can lead to unintended crop damage without the right equipment. Through precision farming practices, you can use repeatable tracking to farm around terraces safely, without inflicting crop damage that harms your bottom line.
How can ProTrakker help?
Our hydraulic hitches contribute to reliable implement guidance, helping you easily navigate around terraces and combat implement drift. With ProTrakker, your row crops benefit from repeatable, defined paths — even near terraces in your field. Other benefits of our hydraulic hitches include:
Learn more about Protrakker's Implement Guidance System
- Precisely placed seed and nutrients increase yield
- Eliminate crop damage from inaccurate tracking
- Improve crop quality
- Perfect guess rows for mismatched implement widths
- Auto steer when spraying or sidedressing
- Reduce operator fatigue
- Create a more professional row appearance
- Eliminate overlap of chemical, fertilizer, seed, and more